|Number of Vacancies
Description of the biostatistics department
The Biostatistics Department provides biostatistical support across a broad range of HIV-NAT and Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre research activities. This includes collaboration on randomised clinical trials, prevention trials, epidemiological research and observational cohort studies.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare reports, abstracts and presentations for coordinators of studies at national and international meetings.
- Coordinate the statistical design, analysis and reporting of epidemiological and clinical research studies conducted at the Institute.
- Tasks could include:
- Contribution to study design including sample size calculations
- Day-to-day management responsibilities on specific research projects liaising with the data, nursing and medical departments within HIV-NAT, and other collaborating organisations
- Development and implementation of statistical analysis plans for research studies including randomised clinical trials and other studies
- Application of standard statistical analysis techniques, such as linear regression, logistical regression and survival analysis.
- Collaborate on preparing publications for peer reviewed journals.
- Assist data team in checking data sets prior to analysis
- Provide educational support/mentoring on statistics to other departments
- The successful applicants will report to the Head of Biostatistics, but will be supervised on a day to day basis by one of the Program’s senior biostatisticians
- Essential: Masters degree in applied statistics, biostatistics or epidemiology
- High level research and data analysis skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of statistical software, preferably Stata, R or SAS
- Previous experience in statistical analysis of epidemiological or clinical trials would be an advantage.
Send curriculum vitae to HR unit
HIV-NAT (Human Resources)
104 Ratchadumri Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
Tel: (+66) 2 652 3040, Fax: (+66) 2 254 7574
or send to email