Project no.: HIV-NAT 006
Brief summary: This is a long-term, post study cohort of HIV-infected patients who previously participated in HIV-NAT study protocols. Information collected from this cohort will provide further insights into the long-term safety and durability of various antiretroviral therapeutic approaches, efficacy of HIV viral load and CD4 cell counts as predictors of disease progression, mortality, resistance profiles, adherence, immune recovery syndrome, opportunistic infections or malignancies, incidence of lipodystrophy, other metabolic complications, cardiovascular, renal, hepatic, and endocrine function, skin, gastrointestinal system and urogenital tract problems and quality of life.
- Prevalence and prognostic factors of chronic kidney disease in HIV-infected patients, HIV-NAT 006 cohort, Thailand. [Poster #: 843] presented at the 18th Conference on Retrovirus and Opportunities Infections (CROI 2011). Boston, MA, USA. 27 February – 2 March 2011.
- Avihingsanon A, Jitmitraparp S, Sapsirisavat V, Apornpong T, Mengthisong T, Kerr S, Matthews GV, Lewin SR, Ruxrungtham Kand the HIV-NAT 006 study team. Liver fibrosis is not uncommon in HIV-infected patients without viral or alcoholic hepatitis. presented at 21st Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI), 3-6 March 2014 at Boston, USA
- AvihingsanonA, Maek-a-nantawat W, Mansawat T, Moonthong K, Chaiya O, Phonphithak S, Ruxrungtham Kon behalf of HIV-NAT 006 study group. Sexually transmitted infections among HIV-infected individuals on antiretroviral therapy. presented at 16th International Congress on Infectious Diseases (ICID), 2-5 April 2014 at Cape Town, South Africa
- Anal squamous intraepithelial lesions among HIV-positive and HIV-negative men who have sex with men in Thailand. Sex Transm Infect. 2009 Dec;85(7):503-7.
- Nadir CD4 count and monthly income predict cervical squamous cell abnormalities in HIV-positive women in a resource-limited setting. Int J STD AIDS. 2008 Aug;19(8):529-32.
- A prevalence of post transplantation cancers compared with cancers in people with human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome after highly active antiretroviral therapy. Transplant Proc. 2008 Oct;40(8):2677-9.
- Assessing adherence in Thai patients taking HAART. Int J STD AIDS.2012 Mar;23(3):160-5.
- Efficacy and tolerability of zidovudine 200 mg BID as part of combination antiretroviral therapy for 96 weeks. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2010 Aug 15;54(5):e19-20.
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessment in Persons with HIV in the Developing World: Comparing Three Risk Equations in a Cohort of HIV-infected Thais. HIV Med. 2011 Sep;12(8):510-5.
- Feasibility and Efficacy of INH prophylaxis for latent tuberculosis in HIV infected Patients in Thailand. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses 2012 Mar;28(3):270-5.
- Clarke A, Kerr S, Honeybrook A, Cooper DA, AvihingsanonA, Duncombe C, Phanuphak P, Ruxrungtham K, Ananworanich J, Kaldor J. Adherence and Risk Behaviour in Patients with HIV Infection Receiving Antiretroviral Therapy in Bangkok. The open virology journal. Open Virol J.2012; 6:23-8.
- Praditpornsilpa K, Avihingsanon A, Chaiwata-narat T, Chaiyahong P, Wongsabut J, Ubolyam S, Chulakadabba A, Avihingsanon Y, Ruxrungtham K, Tunsanga K, Eiam-Ong S, Phanuphak P. Comparisons between validated estimated glomerular filtration rate (GFR) equations and isotopic GFR in HIV patients. AIDS. 2012 Sep 10;26(14):1781-8.
- Treatment outcome and safety of zidovudine/lamivudine/nevirapine fixed-dose combination in HIV-infected Thai patients. (Submitted)
- Avihingsanon A, Apornpong T, Kerr SJ, Make-a-nantawat W, Thammajaruk N,Phonphithak S, Ramautarsing RA, Clarke A, Phanuphak P, Burger DM, Ruxrungtham Rand HIV-NAT 006 study team. Low Dose Ritonavir-Boosted Atazanavir (200/100 mg) maintained high virological efficacy up to 4 years in treatment-experienced HIV-1 Infected Adults: A prospective cohort study from Asia. J AIDS Clin Res 2015;6:477.