Chief and Director, Infectious Diseases Medical Centre, Voluntary Health Services Hospital, Chennai, Southern India
Academic Training & Fellowships:
- Graduated in Medicine from Madras Medical College.
- Residency in Medicine at Govt. General Hospital, Chennai.
- Graduate program in Epidemiology and Fellowship in HIV Medicine at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA
- Ph.D in Medicine and Infectious Diseases at University of Madras
- Post Doctoral Fellowship in Infectious Diseases and Public Health at Brown University, USA
- FRCP –Fellowship in Medicine and Infectious Diseases from the Royal College of Physicians, London, UK
- Chief & Director, VHS-Infectious Diseases Medical Centre – Directs a clinic which provides medical care for more than 20,000 persons with HIV and Infectious diseases in Southern India.
- Director& Site Leader– Chennai Antiviral Research and Treatment (CART) Clinical Research Site of US National Institutes of Health(NIH).
- Principal Investigator – ACTG,HPTN,INSIGHT network studies of National Institutes of Health/USA for the Chennai site.
- Clinical Investigator for several on going clinical research projects with Brown University/ USA , University of California San Diego/USA , Harvard University/USA and University of New South Wales/Australia.
- Visiting Faculty – Brown University, Providence, USA
- Expert panel member– WHO- ARV Treatment guidelines committee
- Faculty – Physician’s training programs in HIV medicine and Infectious Diseases.
- General Secretary & Governing Council member – AIDS Society of India (ASI) ; Governing council member-International Infectious Diseases Society
- Organizing Chair of ongoing CART symposium, an annual ART update.
- Advisor to World Health Organization
- Member-COVID19 National Task Force for Clinical Research and Drug Development
- Natural History of HIV Disease in Developing countries
- Long term impact of antiretroviral drugs in Resource constrained settings
Publications and presentations:
Has published more than 400 manuscripts in medical journals, delivered more than 200 invited presentations in conferences/symposia and contributed to several book chapters and Treatment Guidelines.