Today expresses its sincere sadness upon receiving the news that our colleagues and friends en route to attend the 20th International AIDS Conference at in Melbourne, Australia, were on board the Malaysian Airlines MH17 flight that has crashed in Ukraine earlier today.
Jacqueline van Tongeren
During this sensitive and solemn tragic a period with the loss of our beloved co-director Prof. Joep Lange
, HIV-NAT would like to support its international family by sending its condolences to Dr.Lange's and Ms.Van Tongeren
HIV-NAT is affiliated with The Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre in Bangkok, Thailand, with the Kirby Institute for infection and immunity in society in Sydney, Australia, and with the Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Since 1996 our centre has been conducting clinical research in HIV, meeting international standards, and gaining vast experience in the coordination of multicentre trials in Thailand.
The Symposium Series training workshops are centered on care management and treatment for people living with HIV/AIDS. The purpose of the training workshop is to provide in-depth knowledge on HIV care and treatment to medical doctors, nurses, pharmacists and healthcare practitioners. The training workshops are conducted in Thai.
One of the best HIV medicine conferences in Asia Pacific, the Bangkok International Symposium brings together experts in the HIV field from all over the world. The next Symposium will take place from 14-16 January 2015.
In 2012 HIV-NAT organized various trainings to provide knowledge and information on clinical research and HIV infection management to health care professionals in Thailand and around the world. These trainings include:
- HIV-NAT Symposium Series
HIV-NAT/Gilead Medical Education Program in Asia
- Course 1: Main course; Update on HIV Medicine
- Course 2: Treatment Failure & HIV Drug Resistance
- Course 3: HIV and Hepatic Disease
- Course 4: Update on PMTCT
- The Thai Red Cross College of Nursing Training Course: HIV/AIDS, TB and Care
- Survival analysis in Pharmacoepidemiology. Graduate programme in Social and Administrative Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok. Thailand.
22-26 Sep 2014
Gilead :: Regional Best Practice Sharing in HIV
15-17 Oct 2014
Gilead :: HIV Prevention and Care
14-16 Jan 2015
The 17th Bangkok International Symposium on HIV Medicine
- van Griensven, F, Phanuphak N, Srithanaviboonchai K. Biomedical HIV prevention research and epidemic control in Thailand: two sides of the same coin. Sex Health 2014;11:180-99. Doi: 10.1071/SH13119
- Guadamuz TE, McCarthy K, Wimonsate W, Thienkrua W, Varangrat A, Chaikummao S, Sangiamkittikul A, Stall RD, van Griensven F. Psychosocial health conditions and HIV prevalence and incidence in a cohort of men who have sex with men in Bangkok, Thailand: Evidence of a syndemic effect. AIDS Behav 2014 (Online First) Doi: 10.1007/s10461-014-0826-8
- Stephen J. Kerr, Thanyawee Puthanakit, Ung Vibol, Linda Aurpibul, Sophan Vonthanak, Pope Kosalaraksa, Suparat Kanjanavanit, Rawiwan Hansudewechakul, Jurai Wongsawat, Wicharn Luesomboon, Kattiya Ratanadilok, Wasana Prasitsuebsai, Kanchana Pruksakaew, Jasper van der Lugt, Robert Paul, Jintanat Ananworanich, Victor Valcour on behalf of the SEARCH 012 study team. Neurodevelopmental Outcomes in HIV-exposed-uninfected Children versus those not exposed to HIV. AIDS Care In Press 2014
The liver is the body’s largest gland: an adult human liver weighs between 3.2 and 3.7 pounds. It sits to the right of the stomach where it not only detoxifies the blood, but also aids in digestion by creating bile, which helps break down fats... read more at healthline.com