HIV-NAT is affiliated with The Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre in Bangkok, Thailand, with the Kirby Institute for infection and immunity in society in Sydney, Australia, and with the Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Since 1996 our centre has been conducting clinical research in HIV, meeting international standards, and gaining vast experience in the coordination of multicentre trials in Thailand.
One of the best HIV medicine conferences in Asia Pacific, the Bangkok International Symposium brings together experts in the HIV field from all over the world. The next Symposium will take place from 14-16 January 2015.
The Symposium Series training workshops are centered on care management and treatment for people living with HIV/AIDS. The purpose of the training workshop is to provide in-depth knowledge on HIV care and treatment to medical doctors, nurses, pharmacists and healthcare practitioners. The training workshops are conducted in Thai.
In 2012 HIV-NAT organized various trainings to provide knowledge and information on clinical research and HIV infection management to health care professionals in Thailand and around the world. These trainings include:
- HIV-NAT Symposium Series
HIV-NAT/Gilead Medical Education Program in Asia
- Course 1: Main course; Update on HIV Medicine
- Course 2: Treatment Failure & HIV Drug Resistance
- Course 3: HIV and Hepatic Disease
- Course 4: Update on PMTCT
- The Thai Red Cross College of Nursing Training Course: HIV/AIDS, TB and Care
- Survival analysis in Pharmacoepidemiology. Graduate programme in Social and Administrative Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok. Thailand.